Supporting Old Age Homes and Differently Abled Children
India is home to around 100 million senior citizens and 2.9 million differently abled children. Out of this, a large proportion belongs to disadvantaged groups who fail to get their due attention and care. This leads to worse health issues, depression and lack of confidence in them.
Seva is an initiative by Diya India Foundation to cater to the needs of these groups by supporting old age homes in Delhi and providing necessary support to the differently abled children. We call it our fight against neglect and deprivation.
We support old age homes by:
We support differently-abled by:
- Distributing clothes and other daily need items
- Providing medical support through free health check-ups, medicines, etc.
- Providing emotional and mental support through counselling, arranging engaging activities and spending quality time with them.
- Providing free ration to visually challenged students
- Providing adaptive equipment like tape recorders, wheelchairs and callipers to make their studies better and their lives easier.
- Providing guidance for vocational training
- Providing financial support for their studies and healthcare
- Providing emotional and moral support through counselling.